So, onto the app! I have a student who asks for this every time I see him now. He loves "that superhero app." It really is pretty cute.
To start out, you select the players.
Next, you get to choose from the Activity Center. There are six different activities to choose from.
- What are Pronouns? This guide describes why we need and use pronouns.
- Where is the Pronoun? This activity has students decide which word is the pronoun from a selection of four words, or within a short phrase.
- Which one is not a Pronoun? Students choose from four different words to determine the one that is not a pronoun.
- Pronoun Types: This is a guide that describes eight different types of pronouns.
- Find the Picture: This activity states a pronoun, and students must choose the picture that matches the word.
- Let's use Pronouns! This activity allows you to modify the goal that you are working on. You can choose from a huge list of options for customizing this activity. My only wish was that the picture would stay for a little longer after the student chooses their word so that you can have the student repeat the whole sentence.
When your student has completed the desired activities, there is a report section. This will give you the data you need for your session.
All in all, I think this is a fun, quick way to target some pronouns. Again, my only wish is that it would have the sentences stick around a little longer during the Let's use Pronouns activity.
If you like this app, you can enter to win a copy of it! Simply complete the Rafflecopter below. A winner will be chosen very early Wednesday morning. I enjoyed my break a little too much and was a bit of a slacker on this review. The winner will have until Friday, January 9, 2015 to redeem the code for the app.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you so much to Smarty Ears for offering this giveaway, and for providing me with a copy of the app to review!